Friday, April 15, 2011

United States of Tara

Anyone else obsessed with this show? I discovered it on a flight back from South America last year and promptly Netflixed it when I got home. Watched Season 1 twice and then waited a torturous 9 months for Season 2 to come to Netflix. My conclusion after finishing Season 2?

We need to move to Overland Park, Kansas. ASAP.

I have never been to Kansas, or the mid-West actually, but if it holds fun lovable characters the likes of Tara and family, then I'm game!

I had forgotten about this slight obsession since Roller Skates, but was informed of an upcoming need to visit a client at the end of the month..and where is this client located?!?!? You guessed it...Kansas! I was soo excited and filled with anticipation... until my dreams of visiting this magical land was shattered by Mapquest. I will be flying into a dinky airport in Wichita, an hour away from Hutchinson (where I'm supposed to be), but 3 1/2 hours from Paradise. THREE AND A HALF. WTF.

Photobucket

If I leave the clients by 5p, grab some T-Bell for the ride, and head straight there, I can probably make it by 8:30p assuming there is no traffic. Are there even cars in Kansas?

...to be continued


UPDATE: There are cars in Kansas but very few on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment