Thursday, May 26, 2011

Important Update

Sorry I have not posted in a long time. I have some updates.

Hot Pants and I tried for all of 2 weeks and when I didn't get pregnant right away, I was a little sad but essentially gave up. Then a month went by and I thought "what the hell were you thinking!?!?!? You don't want a baby anyway, you just want an excuse to be late everywhere!" And then my cousin Lauren (Mei Mei's mother) went up and got herself knocked up AGAIN, which got me thinking..."oh no, the next time I visit, there will be a bunch of loud kids running around annoying me, and Lauren won't be able to go anywhere because her boob will be permanently attached to a kid, and she will be tired ALL THE TIME, blah blah blah." And then I seriously considered putting this blog to rest because, what the hell am I gonna talk about if I didn't want a baby??!

Fast forward 2 months (I have a really weird cycle that varies and usually run 35-50 days and VERY hard to predict) and I am here enjoying life, drinking it up at home, staying out late,... HP and I also went for a weekend in Asheville to see one of my favorite groups, Atmosphere. While there and for a week and half afterwards, it was a drinking marathon, no joke. What do I care? I'm sans kid and worry-free....until last week. I had been feeling "weird" its a hard-to-describe feeling where its not like anything is uncomfortable but it just felt different. I took a pregnancy test- Negative. whew. I thought if I were pregnant, my binge-drinking would surely have killed the seedling.

Towards the end of last week, I still felt strange and thought, let me take another one, just in case. It came back Positive. Whaaat!??! I proceeded to take 3 more- all Positive. I am freaking out because it will be a fetal-alcohol-syndrome baby, plus what the hell!? I'm pregnant!!!! HP was alerted via text message and I discontinued my alcohol intake promptly (even though we had a minor league baseball game to go to that night). Its only been one week since I found out and I have already withstood 3 occasions where alcohol was involved (very involved) and I opted out. I'm a pro at being pregnant!

But then this week (which according to those due date calendars marks week 6), I feel the full-effects of early pregnancy...yes, I am nauseous and so nauseous I can't concentrate at work. And tired, so tired I can't concentrate at work (I went to bed at 8:30p the otehr night!) The only thing that makes me feel better is food (and laying down). I am probably going to gain 10lbs in my first trimester and be a sleeping giant.

So backtrack to where I said I didn't want a kid. I don't know if this is bad to say but if I were to get pregnant you know, 2-3 years from now, I'd be fine with that. I might even like that more. But since its here, I guess I will take it. Whatever, at least I'm realistic!

We have not told anyone the news but my in-laws are coming this weekend and HP has been so giddy and DYING to tell someone. He is #1 mama's boy and has been restricitng his conversations with his mom because he's afraid it will slip out. Its really cute to see him so excited :)

We will probably spill the beans this weekend to them. I don't know when I will tell everyone else, though I have already told my cousin Lauren. She is super excited for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment