Monday, June 20, 2011

Thoughts on surviving the 1st Trimester...

Truth is, I am barely hanging on....

I am on my 10th week and if I am anything like the women all the pregnancy books are talking about, then my nausea should be gone in 2 more weeks..I.CAN'T.WAIT.

Its so hard to tell when I will be sick and when I feel ok. It comes and goes and can change within the half hour. My new pregnancy symptoms besides the nausea, frequent urination, and terrible sleep, is GAS- and lots of it! I read that your digestion muscles relax when you're pregnant, slowing down digestion so nutrients can be better absorbed for the baby....well...I am usually digesting my lunch from 12:30pm to 10pm when I go to bed.... I work in an office cubicle and have considered bringing in a shower curtain to contain the farts that are ricocheting out of me.

I get feverish in the evenings and the newest symptom I am experiencing this week is back pain and headaches. WTF?? I rarely get headaches and don't usually get backaches. Now I have both. I weighed myself this morning and have not gained any weight so far...so why is my body acting like I am 8 months pregnant?!? I had no idea how pregnancy would feel but I did not anticipate this........at this point, I am done and just want the baby out. Can we fast-forward to Jan please? (On BTW, we went for our 1st prenatal visit last Sat and the doctor confirmed I was 8w6d then. My due date is Jan 16, 2012). See what this pregnancy is doing to me...I can't even remember to update this blog with breaking news!

Hopefully the next time I write, I will be feeling awesome....I promise if I stop feeling nauseous that I will do a physical activity 5 days of the week. Promise!

One last thing- Hot Pants has developed what he calls "sympathy gas"....the farts that come out of him rivals mine 3-1. Multiply that by pregnant-heightened-sense-of-smell. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment